Tuesday, December 20, 2005

WHERE IS MY BOSS???????


I've been looking for my boss. Where is she? Bathroom?Stacks?Under her desk, sucking her thumb? I go around the workroom annoying people asking "Where's Anne?" Sometimes people grunt. More often that are typing furiously on their keyboards and then they will mumble "Meeting." Ah. Yes. I should have known. We don't have half a talent for officiousness around here. Meetings are what we do best. And I always love a good meeting! I like to show up looking all officious with my enormous tumbler of coffee, a big thick notebook and a pen with blue (never black!) ink. I have hypergraphia so I will write ANYTHING down, and I do mean anything. J. looking perturbed? It is now immortalized in my meeting minutes. A. annoyed with her staff? All in blue ink, baby.
And I love it when my boss will ask "Any questions, comments?" "Yes please!" I want to say. I look around. C. raises his eyes to the ceiling, thinking. I hear a murmer. OH YES!!!!! Prolong this meeting, MAKE MY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tell me it is a "mandatory" meeting and I will squeal with glee. Yeah, baby, I'll be there!!!!!!!!

No comments: