Thursday, February 16, 2006

Some day you get the bear. . .


. . .and some days the bear gets you. The bear has me today. Around my desk area I got an "office"---sort of. These kind of expensive cube panels to offer me a bit of privacy . No privacy yet, though. My students have climbed the panels, stuck things to them, jumped out from behind them and otherwise questioned my need to have them. "Why do you want to keep us out," one deluded soul asked me. So, my walls have arrived, but it will take at least a few weeks before the students get used to the fact that they are there. So the bear has me because I feel a bit weird now, sitting behind my walls, like I want to block out the world, which I DON'T---I'd just like to get a bit of work done. But for today, the bear has definitely won.

No comments: