Friday, January 13, 2006

And so did Van Gogh. . .



Friday night and while I should be relaxing, it will take me until tommorow to flush work out of my mind. Today was good and productive. I like that feeling about work and I try to hold onto it , because it inspires my writing, too.
Here's what Van Gogh says:

<em>Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.

And sometimes it takes a bunch of people to bring things to fruition. That's another good thing about my day job: the teamwork. Writing is often so lonely, all my thoughts rattling around in my brain like marbles in shoebox. No one to bounce things off of. This creating of worlds in your head is strange business, though I love it. But my day job, being surrounded by people and expectations that others have of me,not just the ones that I have for myself is a good thing.

Here's to you Vincent Van Gogh, because , in the end , whether those 'great things' are brought about by, the group with all of the external pressures of the workplace or within the desirous part of ourselves that just wants to create something meaningful in the end , making it happen is what counts.

No comments: