Monday, January 23, 2006

Rodney King had a point. . .


Although I had foolishly fretted all weekend long about Monday,the day went fine. I was worried, apprehensive, unable to fully relax in the weekend because of the unpleasant interaction that I had on Friday in the library. I always do that, I hold on so tightly to emotions. There was a part of me that was worried that I had wronged someone with my solid stance to "the rules." I don't like to be punitive senselessly and I had thought, more than once during the verbal beating I took, that if I just relented, just gave in, I could avoid all of the unpleasantness. But, it makes me angry that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. What about the people who don't speak up out of fear, shyness, self-doubt? Why should obnoxious behavior be rewarded? I would hate myself. Although, I have to admit, I didn't feel so great on Friday night,so I guess it all kind of evened itself out. It's not the first time,it won't be the last.
In the immortal words of Rodney King: "Why can't we all just get along?"

No comments: